LE CALVEZ GENERATION
Jean-Jacques LE CALVEZ, who joined the Group in 1981, took over as managing director in 1987. He became CEO of the Group in 1995, representing the fourth generation to have headed the family company. Loyal to his Breton roots, he anchored the company in Western France, but also developed it on a national level.
> The head office of the Group and the departments for Gas transport and logistics, Hydrocarbon transport, and Poultry transport are based in Brest/Guipavas (Finistère – Brittany).
> The operational head offices for the Temperature-controlled transport and Logistics departments are based in Rennes/Noyal-sur-Vilaine (Ile et Vilaine – Brittany).
He equipped the Group with modern and efficient tools for production and management (transport equipment, contemporary property, state-of-the-art computer technology).
After joining the company in 1950, Jean Le Calvez, the son of Louis, who was CEO of the Group from 1971 to 1995, set out to develop the company from its modest artisanal size into the large-scale transport Group we know today.
Strongly committed to regional road transport services, he was also a man of action, ensuring the company’s development and establishing networks such as Déméco and France-Express.
From a hundred people in the late sixties, the Group counted 380 employees by 1985.
The company thrived and grew, helped by the dynamism of Brittany which was in full expansion. It diversified its activities: removals, delivery for retailers with multiple branches, mail delivery, and long distance transport.
In 1947, the company had 8 trucks. By 1961, it counted 35.